Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Know


Coming from a long journey - tired
you lay down below
resting in the cool shade
respite from the sweltering sun

My share of wanderers have passed by
but yes you are different
watering me before leaving
quenching my soul's thirst

Stop! I cried and I cried out loud
you turned back but to just see and hear
branches swaying  and rustling leaves
carry on, your destination lies afar

Still rooted in the same place
offering shade and rest from the sweltering sun
wanderers come and go
and in them all - I still see you

I wish you shade wherever you are
when my branches sway and leaves rustle
with no gust of wind or a flowing breeze
I know

1 comment :

  1. Wonderful Poem. Like the way you have portrayed the lover as a rooted tree....

    ReplyDelete

 

Myriad Ramblings

© 2013; Aakaash Sehgal:

(Dashboard)